Monday, February 13, 2012

Blog Entry #2, 2/13/12

Last Friday was my first day of my field work.  I had so much fun! I am working with a first grade class.  The teacher is awesome, and the students are so excited to have me in their class. 

When I first arrived to the class, they were doing power hour.  Power hour is when they split into small groups (about 5 students per group), and do different activities.  I was over the spelling test group.  We reviewed spelling words, then I gave them their spelling tests.  I liked working in the smaller groups, and I liked seeing the different students and their spelling abilities. 

After Power hour, I read a story to the class.  My mom is the secretary at this elementary school, so I read a book about a scary secretary, and at the end asked the kids if thats how they thought my mom was.  None of them thought she was scary at all, but it was fun to read a book that the kids can make a connection with me, and their school. 

After I read, the kids worked on a Valentine project.  I walked around the room and helped with writing and spelling.  After the Valentine project, my 2 hours were up.  I had a really fun time, and I'm excited to go back this Friday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment