Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Blog entry #3, 2/29/2012

Last Friday, February 24th, was my third field experience day! I had so much fun! When I arrived I gave the class their spelling test.  I really enjoy giving the spelling test every week.  I have to think fast to come up with sentences, it shows how in teaching you will be given situations where you have to think and act fast. 

  Last semester I took a course on special education, and learned about ELL's IEP's and learning disabilitles.  When getting my hours for the class, I worked alot with students who had learning disabilities,  IEP's and who were english lauguags learner.  It was good to experience that, and understand more where those students are coming from, or why they are that way.

    The class I am working with now is a very bright class.  They are the second to top class in their grade, and I'm not sure if any of them have IEP's.  There is only one hispanic boy in the class, and he has lived here his whole life, so he speaks english fluently.  I haven't gotten to know the students well enough, or work enough one on one with them to know or recognize if they have any learning disablilties. Because of this, I haven't gotten to really try any techniques, or see the teacher use any.

I am really loving getting my hours.  I am with an awesome class, and a great teacher who lets me be very invovled with the class.  I have learned alot so far just by that, and each day I go it makes me more excited to become a teacher.   

No comments:

Post a Comment