Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Blog entry #4, 3/21/2012

I have now completed 6 field experience days.  I am having a lot of fun, and can't believe how fast the time is going.  I go from 9 to 11 every friday, and everytime 11 comes around I am just so shocked that my time is already up.  I am loving getting to know the class better, and we are having fun! All the students get so excited everytime they see "Mrs. Whiting".  They always ask the teacher if Mrs. Whiting can read the book, or if Mrs. Whiting can be the leader.  I love it.  I am still in charge of the spelling tests every week which is fun, but sometimes hard to come up with sentences since I am put on the spot with such short notice of what the spelling words are for the week.  But I love it, and am getting a good taste of what it's like to be a teacher.

Last friday, the students were given a reading assesment.  It came along so well with the module that we are currently on in class.  They take these reading assements every month (I think), and usually they do them silently on the computer.  The teacher was trying something new and doing the assesment on the overhead, and she was reading the questions aloud.  The whole first grade tried the assesment this way to see the difference in the results, vs when they do it on the computer.  I got to walk around and answer any questions the students had while testing.  It was fun to go around and see all the answers, but also frustrating because when they had the wrong answer I wanted them to change it to the right answer!

I only have a couple more days of field experience left! I'm excited and sad at the same time!

No comments:

Post a Comment